Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back-to-school Survival Treat Bags

So my summer break is officially over after today! :-( 
In preparation for returning to work, I made these SUPER cute back-to-school survival treat bags for the other VI staff that I work with. 

(Sorry about the pics...having trouble with my camera so I took them with my daughter's iphone.)

I got the idea from SVGCuts.com.  They have some excellent SVG files for your cutting machine/software.  I filled small treat bags with an assortment of chocolate (everyone needs chocolate the first week back to school). 
Then I used my Cricut to cut out the treat bag covers from this REALLY cute paper pack from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View) called "The Grade School Stack".  I cut the cover 5" x 11" with an apple cut out in the front so you can see what is in the treat bag.  Then I cut out the top 5" x 5" with a cute decorative edge on one end for the front of the treat bag. 
Here is the part I am REALLY excited about!  I found a cute apple clip art image in MS Word and printed them on Shrinky Dinks for Inkjet Printers (got it at Michaels) and made these really cute apple charms!


Then I stapled the pieces together (making sure the treat bag was sealed as well) and then attached matching ribbons/fibers...so cute!  Then I used the apple cut-out as the gift tag!








Here are a few pics of each treat bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment