Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Co-Worker Birthday Card


(Sorry for the pics...my camera is not working so I took these with my phone)

This is my first attempt at card making!  I made a birthday card for one of my fellow co-workers whose birthday is this Saturday!  I hope she likes it.  I'm also entering the card in a few blog challenges!

The first blog challenge is from the Mojo Monday Challenge Sketch Challenge: Mojo Monday 206 Round or Square?  and they gave me the idea for the shape and layout of the card.  Don't you just love it?

The card base is cardstock from DCWV Pocket full of Posies Stacks as well as the yellow-orange tag. I can't remember where I got the brown and pink-striped paper from (those came from my stash as well...see challenge below). I ribbon I used is left over from a onsie I made in July that I bought from my local Hobby Lobby store.

The second blog challenge is from the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge: Challenge Me Monday #75 - Use the color yellow in which I was to use the color yellow in my design.  As you can see there are many accents of yellow in almost every part of the card!  I used Recollections brads that I bought from Michaels ages ago as well as the yellow gems.  I can't even remember where I bought the other 3 stickers and the one inside the card!  That's how long they have been in my stash (see challenge below).
I used my Cricut Expressions machine and selected the scalloped circle from the Essentials cartridge as the base of my card.  I cut two at 5.5 inches and inked the edges with yellow.  I also used the cartridge to cut out the inner circles from the blue, yellow, and brown paper.  I used sandpaper to distress the edges of the blue circle and inked the two half circles with blue.  Then using my American Crafts Memory Marker in Denim I added some faux stitching around the two halves and wrote "Beset Wishes". 

The third blog challenge comes from the Just Add Ink Challenge: JAI 82 - Just Add...Something from your stash! in which I added the ribbon and embellishments from my stash!  I have had them for ages and was excited that a blog challenge had me looking through my things to find just the right finishing touches!

The fourth and final blog challenge is from the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: CFC17: Use Stickers in your Clean And Simple design.  We just had to use stickers in our designs for this challenge and I used several birthday themed 3D stickers: cupcake, piece of birthday cake, and party hat! Such fun!






8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! What an amazing effort and outcome for your very first attempt at card making! Really?! You're clearly a pro! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job! Adorable! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday card! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever use of those bits in your stash! Thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic circle card! The details are darling! I'm glad that you are able to play with this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. So many cute little details to look at. Love the shape. Thanks for joining us at the FCCB challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shape of your card and all it's many fun little details! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card!! Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete