Monday, July 11, 2011

Cutie Pie Onesie!!

CUTIE PIE!!
This past weekend my parents house was filled with family in town...grandparents, my sisters and their husbands, and of course...their babies!!  Though some were missing...a good time was had by all!  Two of my nieces were here, one who just turned 5-months-old and the other who is a whopping 14-months-old (so hard to accept they grow up so fast).  I had a strong desire to CRAFT something cute for these precious girls!  For my 5-month-old niece, I made this cute onesie below with a matching headband!


Isn't she a CUTIE PIE ???
I just LOVE it!!!
 
I used my Cricut Expressions cutting machine to cut the templates using freezer paper. 
Freezer paper is WONDERFUL to use when working with fabric.  Just cut out your stencil and secure it to the fabric using a hot iron.  You don't need to press too hard or for too long.  Once you are done crafting, it comes right off with such ease!  You can find it in most grocery stores next to the aluminum foil and plastic wrap (Got mine at Walmart). 
Then using puffy paints and a sponge, I painted the pie in layers.  I tied pink embroidery thread for the buttons and then using a strong adhesive craft glue, I glued them to the pie.  Then I used a Hotfix crystal tool and a template of the CUTIE PIE letters in braille to secure the green crystals.  I sewed ribbon bows at the shoulders accented with a button and then sewed ruffled ribbon to the sleeves and around the legs.  To complete the outfit I made a matching headband.  I bought the brown stretchy headband at Hobby Lobby.  I started by taking some of the ruffled ribbon and making a rosette with a button in the middle. I might even make a few more rosettes and attach them to barrettes and clips for a different look! 
SO CUTE!  Then I layered coordinating ribbons of different sizes and types (securing each layer with a needle and thread) and then I secured it to the stretchy headband.
What can I say...she looks ADORABLE and the outfit helps a little!!


2 comments:

  1. That is one cute baby! Cute onesie and headband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project! Your niece is definitely a cutie pie. Thanks for sharing.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete